My poor, sweet little Tyler is sick. He had a major stinky diaper right before bed last night and I told Doug, I bet he gets sick over night. Sure enough, around 6:00 this morning he started fussing and he didn't quiet back down like he normally does, so I went to check on him. He was sitting up in his crib surrounded by throw up and he was burning up. So, Tyler and I spent the entire day cuddled on the couch. He seemed to be comforted by sleeping on my chest, which I didn't mind at all because it was great bonding time and while I hated that he was feeling so puny, the cuddling reminded me of when he was an itty bitty baby. This bout of sickies brought back some scary memories of when Andrew was 14 months old and he spent 8 days at Texas Children's with high fever. He was originally admitted because he was throwing up and they were worried that he was dehydrated. Needless to say, I want to avoid a repeat episode.
On a brighter note, a certain yellow dog we all know and love has regained his appetite and we can see the result in his ribs. Don't get me wrong, he is still emaciated and skeletal, but this is a move in the right direction. He weighed in at a whopping 45 pounds tonight.
Now, I am going to end this post with a funny, albeit gross story (for the record, Doug doesn't want me to share this story, but I think it is ok because all kids do stuff like this). So tonight when we were putting Andrew to bed after we turned off the lights, sang songs, and finished our good night routine, Doug leaned over to kiss Andrew and noticed something in his mouth. Doug asked Andrew what it was, but since Andrew didn't give him a straight answer right away he told me to turn on the lights (you know being the worried parents not wanting him to choke on something). As soon as I flipped on the light, Andrew said, it's just a booger Daddy! Ewwwww! We laughed and then Doug asked for his kiss on his cheek! The only other experience we have had with Andrew and boogers was when he was about 2. He was picking his nose one day and Doug told him he needed to use a tissue. Doug grabbed a tissue to get the boogers off his finger and Andrew replied, "No, Daddy, I eat it!" We still laugh about that one! Probably because it reminds Doug of his favorite Everybody Loves Raymond episode where Robert's girlfriend eats a fly. At one point in the episode Ray is retelling what he witnessed and he says, "And she ate it!" On the occasion that our Tivo picks up a Ray episode, Doug always checks to see if is that episode.
Hope you had a good laugh and you are not too grossed out by the story ...
10 years ago




1 comment:
That story reminds me of one Sunday, sitting in church (it's very quiet) and I told Ryan to quit eating his boogers and his very loud response was "but mom, I'm HUNGRY!"
I got a good laugh from that and from your story as well! Kids are very funny!
~Nicole
Post a Comment