I am happy to report that I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows last night. As usual, JK Rowling did a fantastic job taking the reader through Harry's journey and weaving in clues and bringing back items from previous books to close old story lines and to enhance the new ones.
I am constantly amazed by her vivid imagination and her ability to create logic in this made up wizarding world that leaves the reader thinking, "Well of course, that makes total sense when you put it that way! Why didn't I think of that?" Rowling also does a wonderful job describing in vivid detail the scenes that lay before you, so much so that you feel like you are watching a movie rather than reading a book. Every detail is described and your imagination fills in the blanks.
All I will say about the outcome of the book is that I am satisfied and surprised with how she chose to end the series, but I would not change it. Based on interviews, Rowling has said the she is done writing about the wizarding world, but that she has 2 other projects in the works -- one for children and one for adults. I for one will be checking out both!
If you have only seen the movies, you are truly missing out! I highly recommend reading the entire Harry Potter series.
10 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment