Friday, August 07, 2009

Already?

Yesterday when I picked Andrew up from school we had our usual exchange:

Me: How was your day?
Andrew: Good.
Me: What did you do today?
Andrew: Played.

It continues on like that as I do my best to pull details out of him. What a little man already!

For the short drive to Tyler's school we jam to a bit of music ... lately it has been the Black Eyed Peas song "Boom Boom Pow" which Andrew refers to as "Gotta Get That" (that is how the song starts). He likes fast music like this and he likes to scream the lyrics, oops, I mean sing (just like Mom).

Yesterday I had been having my own jam session on the way to get Andrew listening to a Brad Paisley song, "Better Than This". Andrew is very particular about the music we listen to, so I fully expected him to request a different song, but he liked the beat, and when the song ended (it was almost over when he got in the car) he actually let me play it again.

On round #2, he started bopping around in his car seat and he wanted me to look at him jamming out. I stole a glance, but realized that he probably missed my expression because I was wearing sunglasses, so I gave him a thumbs up sign.

Well, that set something off.

Andrew: Mom, Mom (yelling so I can hear over the music)
Me: (Turn down radio) What's up buddy?
Andrew: Why did you do this (shows me the thumbs up sign and gives me a sarcastic look)?
Me: To tell you that I liked your dance moves
Andrew: Shakes his head and ROLLS HIS EYES and asks me turn the music back on
Me: (Thinking to myself) My 5 year old just rolled his eyes at me for the first time! I must have done something he thought was silly or uncool. How can he already feel that way???

Andrew is growing up so fast!

1 comment:

Doug Moore said...

I think you need to turn down the music in my Suburban if you don't want to have to buy me new speakers.....