Time flies when you are having fun or just insanely busy ...
Doug said this morning (or was it last night, it all runs together ...), "do you know what you need to do?" and I replied, "what" and he said, "update the blog!" So here I am.
Tyler Update
I am starting with Tyler because he is 7 months old today! I know I say this every time I post about him, but it is so true ... I can't believe how fast he is "growing up". He is quite the scooter these days, just like Andrew was, so nothing on the floor is safe anymore. He crawled from the coffee table in the living room to the back door and then moved to the kitchen this evening - all in search of toys! He is getting better when you sit him up, but he is still working on the whole balance issue. He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES food. His teacher at school (Ms T - she is a dream!) says that every time he sees a spoon and a bowl he thinks it is his turn to eat and now that he is crawling, he will insert himself near the food every opportunity he can! Ms T often says, "Tyler, you're a mess!" -- it is almost a pet name and she says it affectionately, it is just really sweet. Tyler particularly loves the banana I mash for him every night. My advice if you ever get the chance to feed him - just keep the food coming and fast!
He is also really starting to fill out and I hear more and more that he looks a lot like Doug. Tyler and Andrew are playing more together now too now that Tyler is more mobile. The interactions are too precious!
Andrew Update
I am happy to report that Andrew is nearly potty trained! Potty training is different than being pregnant (where you either are or you aren't) ... it comes in phases, or at least it does for Andrew. He rarely has accidents these days while he is awake, nap time and bed time are hit or miss and when he is at home I put him in a pull-up (we call them his nap time and night time underwear) for these times still. He doesn't like wetting himself anymore with those on than with his underwear on though, so that is positive news. I am very pleased and proud of the progress Andrew has made over the last several weeks! He should be moving into the preschool class at school any day now!
Now a story about my sweet Andrew (warning: too much information for some...)
It has been a rough week for Andrew and the poor child is just covered in bruises. He hit his head on the glass breakfast table tonight so he has a knot and bruise on his forehead, he fell down at school Tuesday and got a carpet burn on his nose, and Monday he bruised his boy parts! Yes, you read that right, his boy parts. He was using the potty Monday right when we got home from school and he was holding the lid up and it fell down on him and gave him a blood blister and a bruise! Needless to say he cried and cried and cried, and while I tried to comfort him, Doug took over because he said that I was not being empathetic enough :) When he calmed down he spent the rest of the evening talking about how the potty gave him a boo boo or that he had a boo boo on his pee pee. He even asked me if I had a boo boo on my pee pee. I had to explain to him that mommy does not have one of those ... The good news is that he seems to be okay now and he is not afraid of the potty despite the bad experience, which is what I was worried about.
One of Andrew's favorite things to do these days is to sing songs in the car, which makes for a fun commute. Itsy Bitsy Spider, Wheels on the Bus, Bumble Bee, and Bingo are all among his favorites.
Indy Update
Indy is doing really well and she is settling in nicely. She and Major seem to be getting along famously now, which is a huge sigh of relief! The other day I looked out the window to see her laying perpendicular to him with her head on his body - it was too sweet!
She is not an angel by any stretch as she still has her puppy tendencies, specifically peeing in the house and chewing things she is not supposed to. Her accidents are getting less regular and we have lost one pair of flip flops so far ...
She is a sweet, loving and affectionate pup and Andrew is her biggest fan. They chased each other all over the house on Sunday until they were both exhausted! Andrew doesn't like it when they are rolling around the floor and she tries to nibble on his ears. Doug is taking her to obedience classes, so we will just have to wait and see how that pans out!
Other Updates
I took another photography class this weekend through Leisure Learning and I loved it! It was the first class that I have taken in a while that I felt was really valuable. I am going to take a couple of additional classes by this same instructor to continue to improve my understanding of the mechanics behind the camera and the flash.
Ok, I am off to bed now ... I just caught myself falling asleep at the keyboard!
10 years ago




1 comment:
Thanks to Doug for suggesting the update! I just love keeping up with everyone. I could use that kind of encouragement to update my blog...I haven't done anything since early August. Maybe tonight!
Post a Comment