- We moved into our house and half of the rooms were empty ... and now we feel like we are outgrowing it! Mantra for next house ... storage, storage, storage!
- Andrew was not quite tall enough to see inside the drawer in our bathroom. He would stand on his tippy toes to reach his hands inside the drawer to see what surprise he could pull out. Now, most of the drawers and counter tops are fair game for Andrew, and what he can't reach on his own, he can figure out a way to reach (i.e. turning a dog bowl upside down to stand on it)
- My friend Allie called to tell me that she got engaged (April 15, 2006) and asked me to be a part of her wedding in April 2007 -- and now her wedding is just days away! We knew that we wanted to expand our family so we got straight to work so that I would not be pregnant and could travel to the wedding (see next 2 bullets).
- I was pregnant and counting down until Tyler's birth. Now Tyler is getting stronger every day and holding his head up, smiling and cooing. Plus, I have discovered that several of my friends are expecting babies this Fall! Very exciting!
- We were planning a trip to Italy with an almost 2 year old and we were very nervous about the flights, etc. Now we are planning a trip with two children and are nervous about the sheer volume of stuff that we are going to have to take with us (think: 2 car seats, a double stroller, inflatable bed for Andrew, enough clothes for both boys to have multiple changes each day, diapers, a breast pump, casual and dressy clothes for the adults, toys to keep Andrew entertained ...)!
- I was worried about how much Andrew was talking (was it enough?) and now he is telling us what to do! Mommy, I do this first, then ... and he is speaking a full sentences. Sometimes Doug and I just look at each other in amazement! (Side note - as Andrew's vocabulary increases and he speaks in longer sentences I have come to the realization that he says things in a certain manner because he hears me say things that way. For example, I will say something to him and to be sure that he understands me, I will end the sentence with 'okay?'. Now, Andrew does the same thing. "I'll be right back Mommy, okay?". I also try to give him an outline as to what we are going to do - first this, then that, etc. So it shouldn't surprise me when he tell me he is going to do something first, then something else, etc.)
- I was using every waking free moment I had to study for the CPA exam ... what am I going to obsess about now? Oh yes, photography classes, swimming lessons (mine and Andrew's), planning a summer trip with friends, losing the rest of the baby weight to name a few.
Along those lines ... in organizing for our upcoming trip we took out the video camera and ended up watching some video tape from over the last year and half. All I can say is W-O-W! Time passes by so quickly and it is often difficult for me to remember how much Andrew was talking at 2 years old, for example. For us, once Andrew hits a milestone, it is hard to remember the time before he reached that milestone. Watching the video really helped us put Andrew's growth, over the last year especially, in perspective. Andrew's language explosion really has happened over the last 4 - 6 months. Note to us - take more video!




1 comment:
Have a great trip! After seeing how well you handled the trip to Italy, I have no doubt that the Moore clan will be organized and ready to paint the town red very soon.
Post a Comment